What kills fleas instantly on a dog? Commercial Products from Your Veterinarian
The most common product used to kill fleas on dogs instantly is Nitenpyram, more commonly known as Capstar. This single-use tablet is administered orally and kills fleas within 30 minutes.
Can you spray dogs with flea spray?
Do dog flea sprays work? Sprays are inexpensive and effective, working quickly to kill adult fleas on pets with a flea infestation. They also help control flea allergy dermatitis.
What’s the best thing to get rid of fleas?
- Kill fleas with a topical prescription.
- Kill fleas with an oral prescription.
- Kill fleas with a pet-safe spray.
- Wash your pet’s bedding in hot water every couple of days.
- Wash your pet using flea shampoo.
- Use a flea comb.
- Regular vet checkups.
- Let your pet groom itself.