Table of Contents
5 Animes with Dogs That Will Make You Smile
In a world filled with negativity, it’s important to take a step back and appreciate the things that make us happy. One of those things for many people is dogs. They bring us joy, happiness, and unconditional love. And what could be better than combining our two loves—anime and dogs—into one? Here are 5 animes with dogs that are sure to make you smile.
1. Bebop – In this cult classic anime, viewers are treated to the adventures of Spike Spiegel and his rag-tag group of bounty hunters aboard their Bebop ship. While not technically a dog, Ein, the genetically enhanced Welsh Corgi, is certainly a fan-favorite character. He may look like a cute and cuddly pup, but don’t let his appearance fool you; Ein is intelligent beyond his years and is more than capable of taking care of himself.
2. Wolf’s Rain – This post-apocalyptic anime follows a group of wolves who have the ability to transform into humans. While in human form, they search for a legendary paradise for wolves known as “Paradise.” Along the way, they meet Kiba, a lone wolf who joins their pack. Kiba is fiercely loyal and protective of his new packmates and will stop at nothing to find Paradise.
3. Inuyasha – Based on the popular manga series by Rumiko Takahashi, Inuyasha tells the story of a half-demon named Inuyasha who teams up with a high school girl named Kagome to search for the shards of the Sacred Jewel of Four Souls. During their adventure, they meet Shippo, a young fox demon who joins their quest. Shippo is always eager to help and provides comic relief in times of stress.
4. Fullmetal Alchemist – Set in a world where alchemy is possible, Fullmetal Alchemist follows siblings Edward and Alphonse Elric as they search for the Philosopher’s Stone to restore their bodies after a failed alchemical experiment leaves them both grievously injured. Along the way, they meet Winry Rockbell, an auto mechanic who becomes close friends with the brothers (she even adopts Edward’s dog, Den!). Winry is tough nails and isn’t afraid to speak her mind—a perfect foil for Edward’s stoic personality.
5. Naruto – This list wouldn’t be complete without mentioning Naruto, one of the most popular anime series. The story follows Naruto Uzumaki, a young ninja who dreams of becoming Hokage—the leader of his village—someday. On his journey to becoming Hokage, he meets Akamaru, a puppy who quickly becomes his best friend (and partner in crime). Akamaru grows up to be a powerful ninja dog who always has Naruto’s back—even when things get tough.
Dogs have been man’s best friend for centuries now, and there’s no denying their popularity—anime included! If you’re looking for something lighthearted and fun (with maybe even a little bit of adventure thrown in), then be sure to check out one (or all!) of these 5 animes with dogs. You’re sure to find at least one that you’ll love!
What animes have dogs?
- Akamaru (Naruto: Shippuden)
- Gin (Ginga Nagareboshi Gin)
- Kazuhito Harumi (Dog and Scissors)
- Black Hayate (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
- Ein (Cowboy Bebop)
- Menchi (Excel Saga)
- Sadaharu (Gintama)
- Pluto (Black Butler)
What is a good anime dog name?
Do dogs feel love? Oxytocin is released for both you and your dog when you pet them, play with them, or look at each other. Studies have shown that dogs tend to lock eyes to show affection, so it’s safe to say your dog feels the love when you’re looking longingly at each other.
Do dogs understand I love you? Dr. Brian Hare, who has written books about canine cognition, told People that dogs have emotions and feelings just like we do. Here’s what he said about love: “Yes, your dog knows how much you love him!