Table of Contents
Can dogs drink a little beer? The short answer is, beer is bad for dogs, dogs shouldn’t drink beer, and even a little alcohol of any kind could cause alcohol poisoning in your favorite canine. Here are the dangers of offering beer and other alcohol to dogs, even in small amounts, and what to do if you’re worried your dog drank too much.
Will a little bit of beer hurt my dog? A dog’s liver isn’t designed to process alcohol. And, just like humans, dogs can suffer from alcohol poisoning or toxicity. A dog’s smaller size makes them more susceptible to quickly over-imbibing. Depending on your dog’s size and the alcohol volume of the beverage, beer can quickly become dangerous for your dog.
How much beer can dogs drink? According to experts, the ideal amount of beer your dog should drink is actually ZERO. Let me explain. Your liver will process approximately 90 to 98% of the alcohol you drink, thanks to enzymes that rapidly metabolize alcohol.
Can dogs lick up beer? You may have felt tempted before to give your dog a little lick of beer to see if they like this beverage too, but we highly recommend against that. Beer and alcohol are toxic to dogs, and even the smallest amount has the potential to harm them and their body seriously.